Allegheny Valley School District, 300 Pearl Avenue, Cheswick, PA 15024
Superintendent: Mr. Patrick M. Graczyk
Secretary: Ms. Rhonda Caldwell
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: 724-274-5300; Fax: 724-274-8040
Springdale Jr-Sr High School, 501 Butler Road, Springdale, PA 15144
Principal: Dr. Michele Welter
Secretary: Ms. Patricia Cole
Office Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Phone: 724-274-8100; Fax: 724-274-2106
Colfax Upper Elementary School, 430 Colfax Street, Springdale, PA 15144
Principal: Ms. Jennifer Vecchio
Secretary: Ms. Jodi Lepish
Office Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Phone: 724-274-7200; Fax: 724-274-2187
Acmetonia Elementary School, 300 Pearl Avenue, Cheswick, PA 15024
Principal: Mr. Gregory Heavner
Secretary: Ms. Antonette Carroll
Office Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Phone: 724-274-6500; Fax: 724-274-2186
The Allegheny Valley School District educates approximately 912 students.
The District covers approximately 9.6 miles in area, incorporating the municipalities of: Harmar Township, Cheswick Borough, Springdale Borough,
and Springdale Township
Millage Rate: 20.3494 mills (Approximate amount that (1) mill brings to the District $636,277)
Colors: Orange & Black
Motto: Partnership for Excellence: Youth, School & Community
Mission Statement: The mission of the Allegheny Valley School District, a group of small traditional communities, is to educate
all students to achieve their maximum potential. A dedicated staff, in partnership with school, home, and community, will empower students
to become responsible and contributing citizens able to meet challenges in an international society.
Building by building…
Acmetonia Elementary School – Kindergarten through Grade 3
- Approximately 271 students.
- Covers 110,000 square feet
- 3 Third Grade classrooms, 4 Second Grade classrooms, 4 First Grade classrooms, and 4 Kindergarten classrooms.
- 20:1 Student/Teacher Ratio*
- Full-Day Kindergarten, Library, Health, Physical Education, Art, and Music classes are part of the educational program.
- Special programs include: Title I, Gifted and Talented Education (GATE), and other special education programs, including an Autistic Classroom.
- Renovation project completed September 2006.
Colfax Upper Elementary School – Grades 4-6
- Approximately 226 students
- Covers 120,000 square feet
- 4 Sixth Grade classrooms, 3 Fifth Grade classrooms, 4 Fourth Grade classrooms
- 21:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Library, Health, Physical Education, Keyboarding, Art, Vocal Music, and Instrumental Music are part of the educational program.
- Special programs include: Band 4, 5, & 6; Chorus 4, 5, & 6; Gifted and Talented Education (GATE); and other special education programs, including an Autistic Classroom.
Springdale Jr-Sr High School – Grades 7-12
- Approximately 458 students
- 20:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Covers 154,450 square feet
- Special programs include: Independent Study, Vocational-Technical Education, Distance Learning, College/University Concurrent Enrollment & College/Career Articulation, Early College Admission, Gifted and Talented Education (GATE), other special education programs, including an Autistic Classroom.
- 25 Extra-curricular activities along with 14 Varsity, 5 Junior Varsity, and 8 Junior High athletic options are available.
- Renovation project completed February 2012.
– 8 Administrators; 6 Support Administrators
– 87 Educational Professionals
– 13 Secretaries, Clerks, and Health Assistants
– 15 Custodial/Maintenance Workers
– 20 Cafeteria Workers
– 17 Instructional and Personal Aides
– 4.5:1 Student-to-Computer Ratio
– Approximately 76% of graduates continue on to some type of formal or higher education.
– The District is governed by a school board of nine elected officials.
– The District contracts transportation through W.L. Roenigk bus company.
*Student/Teacher ratios are the total number of students in the building divided by the number of classroom teachers (elementary) or the number of core subject and special education teachers (secondary).
Located approximately 15 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, PA, the Allegheny Valley School District provides a quality education to approximately 960 students in the municipalities of Cheswick Borough, Harmar Township, Springdale Borough, and Springdale Township. The District emerged in 1965 when these four municipalities agreed to dissolve their previous jointure and begin a new venture. Three buildings – Acmetonia Elementary School, Colfax Upper Elementary School, and Springdale Jr-Sr High School – offer programs and activities to students in Kindergarten through grade 12. Eighty-seven professionals comprise the teaching staff. The communities of the District maintain the unique combination of being close to a major urban center while still maintaining a small-town atmosphere. Together these factors make the Allegheny Valley School a great Partnership for Excellence – Youth, School and Community.
® 2016 Allegheny Valley SD, all rights reserved.