The Board of School Directors of the Allegheny Valley School District approved a proposed final budget for the following fiscal year that was prepared
and presented on May 14, 2019. Subsequent budget meetings and discussions were held on May 20th. The 2019-2020 Final Budget will
be presented for approval at the Board of School Directors regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Acmetonia
Elementary School Forum. The approved budget will be available for public inspection at the Business Office or online on the District
The proposed final revenue and expenditure budget for the 2019-2020 school year was approved at the May 20th School Board Meeting. In the amount
of $23,002,665, the Budget represents an increase of 1% or $228,066 more than the 2018-2019 Budget of $22,774,599. Local revenue for this Proposed
Final Budget will be provided by a real estate tax of 20.8377 mills, one half of 1% earned income tax, one-half of 1% real estate transfer
tax and one-half of $10 occupation privilege tax.
• The major revenue driver for the District is the Real Estate Tax Assessments, which accounts for 62% of total revenues. Other local
revenues are 9% of the budget.
• The other two major revenues - State (28%) and Federal (1%) subsidies - reflect balance of income for the District.
• The 2019-20 General Fund Expenditure Budget total is $23,002,665. This total is an increase from the prior year of $228,066 or 1%.
• The instructional budget represents 52% of all costs to the District.
• Increases in the budget can be attributed to costs of: retirement, salaries, technology equipment, special education, tuition, transportation, and debt service.
• Overall, the Budget also reflects an investment in new program offerings (Pre-K).
Please see attached document:
Community members may view the entire proposed final budget in the Business Office or by clicking on the link above, through June 17, 2019. The School Board will vote to approve a 2019-2020 Budget at their June 17, 2018 meeting.
® 2016 Allegheny Valley SD, all rights reserved.