UPDATE: Wednesday, February 20 - the Allegheny Valley School District has CLOSED due to weather conditions.
The Board of School Directors of the Allegheny Valley School District approved a proposed final budget for the following fiscal year that was prepared
and presented on May 14, 2018. Subsequent budget meetings and discussions were held on May 21st and June 12th. The 2018-2019 Final
Budget will be approved at the Board of School Directors regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in Springdale Jr-Sr
High School's Rachel Carson Conference Room. The approved budget will be available for public inspection at the Business Office or online
on the District web site.
The proposed final revenue and expenditure budget for the 2018-2019 school year was approved at the May 21st School Board Meeting. In the amount of $23,143,635, the Budget represents an increase of 4.8% or $1,060,158 more than the 2017-2018 Budget of $22,083,477.Local revenue for this Proposed Final Budget will be provided by a real estate tax of 20.8377 mills, one half of 1% earned income tax, one-half of 1% real estate transfer tax and one-half of $10 occupation privilege tax.
• The major revenue driver for the District is the Real Estate Tax Assessments, which accounts for 62% of total revenues. Other local
revenues are 9% of the budget.
• The other two major revenues - State (28%) and Federal (1%) subsidies - reflect balance of income for the District.
• The 2018-19 General Fund Expenditure Budget total is $23,143,635. This total is an increase from the prior year of $1,060,158 or 4.8%.
• The instructional budget represents 52% of all costs to the District.
• Increases in the budget can be attributed to costs of: retirement, salaries, special education, tuition, technology equipment, and debt service.
• Overall, the Budget was completed with the thought of maintaining the majority of services. The submitted budgets from the administrators were either the amount allocated by the Board in prior years or a revised amount due to change of circumstances in the District. The administration was asked to determine the best ways to decrease costs. These reductions were recommended to the Superintendent and Business Manager then to the School Board for approval.
Please see attached document:
Community members may view the entire preliminary budget, in the Business Office or by clicking on the link above, through June 26, 2018. The School Board will vote to approve a 2018-2019 Budget at their June 26, 2018 meeting.
® 2016 Allegheny Valley SD, all rights reserved.