Allegheny Valley’s school system began in 1897 in a six-room building on School Street in Springdale. Over the next several decades, additional
buildings were opened to provide an education to the many students whose families were moving into the area. In 1927, the community began to
build Springdale High School and added curriculum to take area students through grade 12.
Throughout the more than 80 years since, the District has provided thousands of students with a quality education. These alumni encompass individuals
who now reside across the country and have entered many different and varied occupations. Alumni of all ages remain active with the schools.
They often return to the District to participate in events and support the Allegheny Valley School District.
Allegheny Valley School District’s Alumni Hall of Fame
In 2001, the Allegheny Valley School District established an Alumni Hall of Fame to “recognize, celebrate, and honor those alumni who have
distinguished themselves through public service, academic achievement, and professional contributions, which serve to enhance the prestige
and excellence” of the School District.
For additional information on the Alumni Hall of Fame or for a nomination form, click here.